Welcome to the Year 1 virtual classroom. Each week the class teachers will attach the home learning for the week, below. Also download some of the attachments which provide a range of activities and ideas.
Remember to do a little reading every day.
There are free e-books at Oxford Owl. You can log in as jkyear1 and the password is JKYEAR1. You can also listen to stories on Youtube or here https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories.
- Read the book together: if you both say the words at the same time it can be very supportive
- Take it in turns to read a page each
- Encourage your child to sound out unfamiliar words, but don't let this become a struggle. Step in and simply give the word before it becomes frustrating - this is not a test!
- Use the pictures as a prompt, and discuss what they show.
You don't need to read the whole book at once, sometimes a page or two will be plenty.
Practise your Phase 5 Phonics Sounds.
- Watch Mr Thorne phonics on Youtube.
- Find things in your house which have got a phase 5 sound in their name
- Can you make up some alien words with phase 5 sounds?
- Practise writing words with phase 5 sounds
You could log onto Mathletics or practise your number bonds on Hit the Button!
There's also lots of games you can play that involve numbers: snakes and ladders, board games, dominoes. Count objects. Count out coins and sweets when spending pocket money. Count up to 10, 20, 100. Count backwards from 10, 20, 100. Notice numbers everywhere and use them in conversations with your child.
When children start to learn number facts (5 + 5 = 10; 6 - 4 = 2) practise them often to make them stick for good. Work together to learn and rehearse pairs of numbers that total 10 or 20. Also multiples of 10 that total 100, e.g. 30 + 70, 60 + 40.
J2E Years N-2- Log-ins sent home
Look at the attachments below for eight music lessons courtesy of the BBC
Look at the attachment below called "Year 1 home learning" and, if you finish ALL that, there are more resources below too and also on the "Learning websites" tab